This typeface is a product of Deckersche Schriftgießere typefoundry owned by
Rudolf Ludwig Decker (1804-1877) in Berlin, but it was frequently used in
Greek editions by both Oxford and Cambridge University Press during the last
decades of the 19th century. It was designed and cut before 1864, according to
John Bowman, when a set of matrices was bought by OUP, although the type was
not cast and used in England until 1882.
The typeface is an uncial design containing a case of capitals, and small
capitals, too. The letters lack any sherifs although they retain their thick
and thin strokes. It appeared as an alternate type of Byzantine tradition in
mostly patristic texts.
The font was digitally designed by George D. Matthiopoulos and is freely
available by GFS.