It main purpose is to monitor network and log discovered Ethernet/IP pairings.
Main features of addrwatch:
* IPv4 and IPv6 address monitoring
* Monitoring multiple network interfaces with one daemon
* Monitoring of VLAN tagged (802.1Q) packets.
* Output to std-out, plain text file, syslog, sqlite3 db, MySQL db
* IP address usage history preserving output/logging
Addrwatch is extremely useful in networks with IPv6 auto configuration (RFC4862)
enabled. It allows to track IPv6 addresses of hosts using IPv6 privacy